CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Thursday, November 13, 2008

I MET THE BAREFOOT CONTESSA TODAY






I am sooo excited. My friend Janet and I drove up to Santa Monica today. Ina Garten was signing her new cookbook at a Williams-Sonoma store on Montana Avenue. We arrived at 11:15AM with Starbucks in hand. The signing was to take place between Noon and 2Pm. There were probably 200 people waiting already when we got to the end of the line. We stood on line for about an hour and a half. Much to our delight, Williams-Sonoma employees passed out samples of some of the recipes in her new cookbook: Parmesan and Thyme crackers, Raisin pecan oatmeal cookies, Mango Banana daquiris (without alcohol) and Tagliarelle with truffle butter. Everything was very structured. They sold 1300 books while we were there! She was very nice for the brief moment I had eye contact with her. She looks just like she does on TV. Warm and lovely, and so cute.
The woman in the photo is not me-her name is Fran and we met her standing in line. She purchased the book for her sister who is a big Ina fan.
After Janet and I had lunch we headed back home! Now I have all six Ina's cookbooks and look forward to getting inspired again.
Thank you Ina!!!

11 comments:

SeaWorthy said...

Oh you lucky lucky chef!!
I am so JEALOUS!
Let me know how you like the book in a couple days. I think I have all her books too. They are by far the best recipes, like totally EVA!
mmmmmm..flag cake.
Lisa
coastal nest

Anonymous said...

You lucky gal! I've already bought the book for my mom who is a huge fan. My dream gift for my mother would be to get Ina to have lunch with her! I'm waiting for someone to get it for me as a gift

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Oh Linda how exciting! I always want to go to book signings and rarely find the time to do it or forget to go to them.

I love Ina's recipes and easy going mannerisms.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

How exciting! I love Ina too. Her show is so relaxing, I love to listen to her soothing voice. She always makes everything look so easy. I am glad you had the opportunity to meet her. Twyla

Rebecca Corvese said...

How fun to have met one of the famous chefs out there. I like cooking shows too, but just don't have the time to watch all the ones I want! Just read backlogs of your blog. Very fun blog! Thanks for your comments on mine as well! Signing up to hear what you have to say daily!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Doesn't Ina rock your world?!

Her orzo salad is my best party trick ever. I'm an instant superstar when I show up at a BBQ with it.

And I love that she's so real...We crack up when her show's on. We've actually seen her toss wrappers on the floor a couple of times. Keep it real, Ina! ;-)

Sabina said...

I am soooooo very jealous!!! How wonderful for you though!! I love Ina!! Can't wait to get her new book and start cooking.

:)

~j~ said...

I am so jealous!!! what a fun day you had Linda, sure wish i could have made that. It's nice to hear she looks just like she does on her show, she is a doll.
Thanks so much for sharing your day with us :))
julia

me2 said...

I am even more jealous than Lisa! You gotta love INA!

Linda Lou said...

Yes Ladies, you should be jealous!! Just kiddin - last night I made a killer Mexican Chicken Soup for the family....It was so good-its in the Barefoot Contessa At Home Cookbook...healthy, spicy and filling...She has a lot of Thanksgiving episodes on this week, watch and cook!

Sue said...

Hi...first time on your blog...I saw your name was Linda Lou and I got so excited...one of my very best friends all through school was Linda Lou Sica...a nice Italian girl from Jersey...Your the only other person I have ever heard of with that name...I love Ina also... I think she's the best cook on t.v. hands down. Isn't she the type you would just love to go to lunch with. I hope you had a fine time...how were the parmesan crackers. I saw the recipe and was thinking of trying them...I look forward to stopping back often....Sue Adivari