CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Sunday, July 5, 2009

INTOXICATING!






































DEFINITION: EXCITING, THRILLING, STIMULATING, HEADY, EXHILARATING.


I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED ROSES, AND HAVE A FEW BUSHES GROWING IN MY YARD THAT ARE DESPERATELY TRYING TO SURVIVE UNDER THE CARE OF MY BLACK THUMB..WHEN I DO GET A FEW BLOOMS I ENJOY CUTTING THEM TO MAKE FRAGRANT ARRANGEMENTS......I ALSO HAVE A MAGNOLIA TREE IN MY YARD...THE OTHER DAY I DECIDED TO CUT ONE OF THE HUGE BLOOMS AND PUT IT IN A SHALLOW BOWL....WOW, WHAT AN AMAZING SCENT, SWEET, EXOTIC, LEMONY...INTOXICATING!




SPEAKING OF FLOWERS HERE ARE SOME MORE PHOTOS OF THE BUCHART GARDENS IN VICTORIA, B.C. AS A FRIEND OF MINE SAID AFTER HER VISIT, IT FEELS SURREAL THERE...LIKE YOU ARE IN HEAVEN...LET'S HOPE HEAVEN LOOKS JUST LIKE THIS!









6 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I always wanted to go to Buchart gardens. Thank you for taking me there in your pictures! It must have been breathtaking. Hope you are having a good week. Twyla

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Buchart Gardens looks ammmaaazing! And I'm jealous of your magnolia tree. My neighbors when I was a kid had one...I loved it, and now every time I see one I think of my childhood (if I only knew then how good I had it, lol!!).

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Linda

I love fragrant flowers! I don't get enough sun to grow roses and it one of my regrets. Magnolias smell divine too --but of course they don;t grow well here in Brooklyn.

I've heard of Buchart Gardens. How beautful it is in your photos!

I love your new header photo ..is ii Sorrento or Capri? Talk about heaven...sigh...both of those areas are so close to it!

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Ahhh...Intoxicating indeed! Just beautiful...like a painting!

Ry @ Sotto Il Monte Vineyards said...

Beautiful photos of the gardens. My husband has a brother who lives in Victoria - but I've never been - he always comes to visit us. This makes me want to book a trip!
Cheers!
Ry

Sue said...

Hi Linda....my parents went there years ago....they stayed at some fancy hotel right near the gardens and talked about how beautiful it was for years....