CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Friday, August 28, 2009

BETTER THAN A SANDY P.B. & J!


It has been sooo hot here lately, and I demanded that we have a little picnic at the beach last night. My daughter Courtney is one for always finding great recipes, so I took her suggestion and made these delicious chicken salad sandwiches on ciabatta bread, with a side of Maui onion chips and watermelon slices, and a beautiful sunset....life is good!


ROSEMARY CHICKEN SALAD SANDWICHES


3 cups chopped roasted skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb)

1/3 cup chopped green onions

1/4 cup chopped or slivered almonds

1/4 cup plain fat free yogurt

1/4 cup light mayonnaise

1 teaspoon fresh rosemary

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/8 t. salt

1/8 t. pepper


Combine ingredients, stirring well. Spread chicken mixture over 5 bread slices(if using whole grain sliced bread).

9 comments:

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Beach picnic sounds fabulous...it just rains here too much. :-( We went from rain, to heat, and back to rain. Such an odd summer here in NJ.

Glad you made the most of your heat wave. I can't wait to be back on the beach now!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Your menu sounds delicious! Perfect for a picnic! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I hope it's cooled off for you now. We are having unseasonably cool weather for August. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

janie said...

Sounds delicious! I'm over this heat wave...

Sue said...

Hi Linda Lou...one of my all time favorite things to do..eat at the beach...a little hard living in Atlanta but I lived 7 years in Ft. Lauderdale and spent everyday at the beach....egg salad on rye..cherry tomatoes...and iced tea....no sand...I was hoping to see a picture of the chicken salad or atleast the sunset!!

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Life is REAL good in your neck of the woods. That looks like a perfect pairing!

Sabina said...

Hello dear Linda Lou - how have you been? I love this recipe and will definitely give it a go. I got such a kick out of your "Family Gotta Love Em" post!!!!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ !!!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Linda

This sound delicious! I love picnics.

We've been away touring the American West for a few weeks --I'll be blogging about it all week.

Hugs, Pat

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Hi Linda! I just wanted to say I've missed you. Hope you're having a fantastic weekend! Twyla

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Thank you Linda! I am really excited and can't wait to start!

Have a good weekend, Lindsey