CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Sunday, November 1, 2009

HELLO SUSTAINABLE...GOODBYE STAINED OAK

I love a good deal, and recently my friend Janie at Panini Girl let me in on a deal that I couldn't pass up....a beautiful mango wood table for only $75.00...it has a few minor scratches, but other than that it is perfect!......Mind you I had my previous dining room table - a reproduction oak pedestal table - for 22 years, and was more than happy to get rid of it. The economy being what it is today and not having an extra $1,000.00 to buy the table of my dreams, I wrote the check! I was happy to donate my lovingly worn table to the Salvation Army...I call that a win win situation! Thanks again Janie....

9 comments:

Suzanne MacCrone Rogers • Italian Girl in Georgia™ said...

Hi Linda Lou,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and my Halloween Party! I am glad you found me. Your blog header is wonderful to look at. And, that new table is fabulous!

Ciao,
Suzanne

Sue said...

Hi Linda Lou....love that new table and I'm really jealous....I happen to have one of those 20 something re-pro oak round tables...when the ceiling fan fell on it the first thing I did was run for the camera for insurance purposes....finally thought I could replace it....took the hit with out even a scratch.....

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Wha-wha-what a bargain!!! I love it. And a few minor scratches just adds patina. :-)

Hope you're well...I see you had a date with Martha, too! Very nice. Things are busy 'round my parts but I've decided busy is good. Means I'll still have a paycheck for a while!

Anonymous said...

OMG. Courtney met Martha. Full circle, huh? Paella looked awesome. I want the recipe. See you next week with Ren for coffee?

katie

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Mango wood...or Linda, you scored big! I LOVE it. Just LOVE it!

Diana Strinati Baur said...

The table looks beautiful! I love it. (I cracked up at Sue's quote about the ceiling fan hitting the round oak table...). This "new" table looks very natural in its environment.

janie said...

It looks wonderful and I'm happy to have played a part! Looking forward to another great meal in this dining room at the new table!

~j~ said...

Hi Linda Lou!
what a great deal and beautiful table. So happy for your incredible bargain!
xo
julia

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Good deal! Your table and dining room look beautiful! Have a nice day! Twyla