CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

WHITE CHRISTMAS VS. WARM CHRISTMAS


























Same day...different coast -the middle photos is my cousin's car almost covered up on Long Island....For all of my east coast (and midwest) friends and family, I wish you you a very Merry Christmas..and for the rest of you California folks...





I'm dreamin' of a warm Christmas



Unlike the one's I used to know



Where the palms trees wave



And flip-flops are still the rave



Even on December 25th



I'm dreamin' of a warm Christmas



With every beach I walk along



May your days be merry and warm



And may all your Christmases have no storm!





Happy Holidays!









7 comments:

~j~ said...

thank you for the reminder of why I LOVE living in So Cal, the snow is beautiful but I am so grateful for walks on the beach Christmas day!
Merry Christmas!
xo
julia

Linda at Lime in the Coconut! said...

Well...having lived through warm Christmases for the past 11 years...I am hankering for a bit of the white!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

I love the lyrics! I usually love snow but I think we got just a wee bit more than I'm used to at the Jersey Shore. I mean, I've NEVER had my entire car buried!! She has been dug out, thanks to Mike and his mighty powers.

Have a very merry WARM Christmas!
xo, Laura

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Linda, I wanted to drop by and wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy your weather. Christmas day we are supposed to get snow and the temp. at 27 degrees! Twyla

newenglandsnarrowroad said...

Fun pictures! I lived in the south for a long time and now that I am in the northeast again...I am loving the snow and coolness - especially at Christmas.

Anonymous said...

and a wonderfully warm Christmas you provided to all of us my love!!

Did you know I have that very same opening speech from Mandela on my desk and have had so for years - a true inspiration, as I hear the movie is - let's go see it!!

Love always,
Betsy

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

LOL!

Hope your warm Christmas was merry & bright Linda!

Happy healthy 2010!