CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Thursday, March 25, 2010

THE LEUCADIA FARMERS MARKET


I am three weeks into my farmers market experience - so far very positive responses, many of my friends have stopped by and graciously purchased the limoncello cheesecakes and/or the nutella brownies-THANKS!! Last week I added a pasta salad with asparagus, spinach, artichoke hearts, cherry tomatoes and sliced almonds in a lemon vinigarette, and this week I am going to try a mixed baby greens salad with pears, walnuts, red onions and gorgonzola cheese..

Variety is the spice of life so this Sunday I am offering samples of an orange cheesecake with a chcocolate biscotti crust..

The Leucadia farmers market is literally a 1/2 mile from my house, and it takes place on the elementary school grounds that both of my daughters attended. There is such a variety of vendors offering crepes, African food, vegetarian food, organic honey, specialty teas, abundant organic produce, jewelry, worm castings and balinese clothing just to name a few.... Who knew back then when I was waiting in the car pool line that I would be selling cheesecakes right next to the playground that they enjoyed during recess!

Its a learning experience and there is much to learn, but its all good and I can't wait to see what is around the corner...

3 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Linda, it sounds like you are having so much fun! I know that people are enjoying your delicious treats. I just wish I could attend and pick up some for myself! Have a great weekend! Twyla

Sue said...

You go girl!!.....so happy to hear your expanding the selections and the orange cheesecake with chocolate biscotti crust....well you have to send me the recipe....My SIL loves anything orange and chocolate and it always helps to butter up the SIL!! Any luck with the Italian restaurants in town?

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Linda, everything you make sounds so good! I'd love to try a slice of both cheescakes and have some of both salads.


The park where the trees fell is located in the Marine Park neighborhood ...it is south east Brooklyn ... close to the Rockaway beaches.