CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Thursday, December 18, 2008

CHRISTMAS MOVIES



ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS ABOUT THIS TIME OF YEAR IS GETTING REACQUAINTED WITH ALL THE CHRISTMAS FILMS. "WHITE CHRISTMAS" IS PROBABLY MY ALL TIME FAVORITE. I REMEMBER SINGING "SISTERS" WITH MINE WHEN WE WERE GROWING UP. THEN THERE IS THE CLASSIC “A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS.” I NEVER TIRE OF THE MUSIC AND ADORABLE LIONUS DRAGGING HIS BLANKET AROUND.

YESTERDAY MY DAUGHTER COURTNEY BORROWED SOME DVDS FROM THE LIBRARY, AND WE WATCHE "CHRISTMAS WITH THE CRANKS", I HAD NEVER SEEN THAT ONE BEFORE. IT WAS PRETTY FUNNY.

ALI WANTED TO WATCH "LOVE ACTUALLY" TONIGHT…WHICH AFTER A FEW GLASSES OF WINE CAUSED THE TEARS TO FLOW….IT TAKES PLACE IN ENGLAND AND FEATURES AN ENSEMBLE CAST OF LIAM NEESON, COLIN FIRTH, HUGH GRANT, EMMA THOMPSON AND KIERA KNIGHTLY.

A FEW YEARS AGO WE WENT TO SEE “THE HOLIDAY” ON CHRISTMAS EVE….VERY SWEET FILM WITH CAMERON DIAZ AND KATE WINSLET. THEY SWAPPED HOMES FOR THE HOLIDAYS…SOMETHING I HOPE TO DO SOME DAY, PREFERABLY SOMEWHERE IN ITALY.

IT SEEMS EVERY YEAR A NEW CHRISTMAS FILM ARRIVES IN THE THEATRES,” HOME ALONE”, "THE SANTA CLAUS", THE GRINCH, ELF AND THE ONE THAT REALLY SAYS IT ALL MADE BACK IN 1946….'IT’S A WONDERFUL LIFE".

SO AS WE WRAP THOSE PRESENTS, BAKE THOSE COOKIES, ATTEND THE HOLIDAY PARTIES AND ENJOY A SPECIAL SERVICE ON CHRISTMAS EVE OR CHRISTMAS MORNING KNOW THAT WE ARE ALL BLESSED. SO TAKE A BREAK AND ENJOY A GREAT CHRISTMAS FILM. I ALMOST FORGOT ONE OF THE FUNNIEST - "NATIONAL LAMPOON'S CHRISTMAS VACATION". NOW THAT WILL GET YOU IN THE CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you how many times I've watched "Love Actually"!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I always enjoy watching Prancer. It's a movie that came out in '89 and starred Sam Elliot. It's a sweet movie that we enjoy watching most every year. I hope you and your family have a most magical and blessed Christmas season! Twyla

Sue said...

Hi Linda Lou...everybody is talking about Christmas movies...I love Christmas movies especially old black and white ones...Tonight I'm watching one I have never seen The Bishops Wife....with Cary Grant. My all time favorite is Since You Went Away....but we always have to see Christmas Vacation a dozen times each year....Hope your bad weather cleared up on the coast...We're getting ready to leave our 70 degrees and head north where there's snow snow snow, YaY!!!!....Have a great Christmas....Sue.

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Holiday Inn is an oldie but goody, too!

Have a wonderful week tucked in and watching old films!!

Anonymous said...

OMG I watched "Elf "for the first time last night and really enjoyed it.

I also did recently see "The Holiday" too, but can you really believe that Kate Winslet would go for Jack Black at the end?? I think not.

I enjoy watching all the Xmas classic puppet animation films-- "Rudolf" "Santa Claus is coming to town" those are the ones that bring back great memories.

SeaWorthy said...

I love elf..Will F. is so frickin funny..and I totally have a soft spot for Bob Newhart--love him!
Yugo rat is a funny story we made up at work for all these cute little rats we bought at the store for Christmas. WE have lots of croation friends and relatives, who made up a story about how, in the old country, it was good luck to see a rat around christmas, yada yada yada..We really spin it, have a great time remembering loved ones gone(too soon) and a history we love to dream about.
happy happy merry merry Linda Lou!!
xoxo
coastal nest