CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Sunday, August 3, 2008

THANK YOU, THANK YOU AND THANK YOU TOO!

First, I want to thank you all of you for your wonderful and creative suggestions on my living room rug dilemma. It is so nice of you to share your ideas. It helps me to think outside of my own box and see things in a fresh, inspiring way. With all the creative bloggers out there, I was like a kid in the candy shop each time I received a new comment. Muchas Gracias!!!

Yesterday was my husband’s birthday. He played golf, got a massage and then we went to the Padres game. We lost to the San Francisco Giants in the 10th inning. I baked him a yummy chocolate zucchini birthday cake with freshly whipped cream on top. I tricked him – he does not like zucchini. I had to get rid of the ones I got at the Farmer’s Market some way! I found a recipe with the”dreaded”vegetable hidden amongst the ingredients. Isn’t it great to just go on the internet and have thousands of recipes at your little fingertips? Anway, the cake was moist, chocolately and delicious!!

I followed some other reader’s suggestions to cut the oil in half and add ¾ cup of applesauce and also about a cup of chocolate chips. Check out the recipe here at ALLRECIPES.COM

1 comment:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

My husband's birthday is today! Our kids are treating him to a movie and lunch at Zio's (Italian Eaterie). I get to stay home and play in my crafts since I am not a movie buff. Isn't it great how we can 'put one over' on our husbands? Sometimes what they don't know won't hurt them. Thank you for emailing me and I hope you enjoyed our blog. My daughter, Lindsey, and I share a blog. I do a post every Tuesday. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Twyla