CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

PUMPKINS BY THE SEA


Imagine, - big, beautiful pumpkins growing by the sea in our little town. Actually the land is owned by the Self Realization Fellowship, featured in a previous post.

For years, they put on a big community Halloween Festival and they displayed amazingly decorated and carved pumpkins from their own pumpkin patch. It was a fun event to take the family to. I don’t know why, but it’s no longer done. The pumpkins still grow though. Imagine how many pumpkin pies, pumpkin cheese cakes, and pumpkin crumb cakes one could make. Hey, what about pumpkin ravioli????

If anyone has any great pumpkin recipes they would like to share, please send them my way because....

Maybe one night when it’s very dark, and the moon is bright, I will go to that pumpkin patch and steal one of those colossal pumpkins.

Just kiddin!!

Fall is upon us, even here in San Diego. Enjoy the harvest.

6 comments:

Linda@ Lime in the Coconut said...

Oh I LOVE pumpkin...pumpkin raviolli in a sage cream sauce...Pumpkin bread with bittersweet chocolate chips...Pumpkin cake with a cream cheese frosting...pumpkin and other chunked root vegetables roasted in olive oil and sage and rosemary and garlic....pumpkin ice cream (homeade even better)...Ok, I need to stop. Pheww!

SeaWorthy said...

Dont get me started on pumpkin recipes..Cannot live without pumpkin pie(waistline shows, too) adore pumpkin bread..then theres the ever wonderful pumpkin soup (maybe more like a puree)
I love fall!! BTW- ol sarah in Australia wouldnt hesitate to go and snap one of those pumpkins up in the cover of darkness, now would she. GO FOR IT!!!
Lisa
coastal nest

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I can just see you out there in the moonlight stealing one of those Big pumpkins! I'll send you a recipe for pumpkin muffins. Have a great day! Twyla

Lovella ♥ said...

I love pumpkin too .. I'm thinking if you can make butternut squash ravioli why not pumpkin. . .I'll be back to see what you cooked up with that pumpkin. .
Thanks for popping by.

Mary-Laure said...

I'm a huge pumpkin lover. I make pumpkin curry soup all winter long.

Meg said...

I have to admit, I don't really do much cooking with pumpkin, but still... the larcenous part of me wonders if I could drive by regularly and not be very, very tempted to steal one, if only to use as a jack-o-lantern.