CUCINA CARA MIA.......Random thoughts from "my dear kitchen" about food, travel, Italy, San Diego and life!

Saturday, July 5, 2008

HAPPY 5TH OF JULY

Hope everyone had a happy and safe 4th of July. Our guests included my sister, her partner, my cousin and her husband,(marathon runners) my best friend, her daughter and boyfriend,(college football player) my daughter and a bunch of her enthusiastic 20 year old friends (returning from an afternoon at the beach) and my husband's friend from college. Interesting group, but that's what makes it fun! We never made it see the fireworks, the clouds came in and made it a little difficult to see the display. We also drank too much wine. Our cat went and hid in a closet in the laundry room once the booms started.

Here was my menu for our party:

Bruschetta with sliced French Bread
Guacamole and chips
Strawberries with lemon yogurt dip
Hummus and veggies and pita chips

Cous Cous Salad with Artichokes, cherry tomatoes, parsely, parmesan cheese and pine nuts
Italian red potato salad with fresh rosemary, lemon, olive oil and capers
Good Old American Corn on the Cob
Hamburgers, Hot Dogs, and Chicken Breasts

For Dessert

Flag Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting
Chocolate Cup Cakes with Peanut Butter Frosting
Watermelon

Wine, Beer and Soft Drinks

This morning I woke up to quite a mess in the kitchen. So what do you think I did, I started looking at my favorite blogs for the past hour. Kitchen clean up will have to wait until later….much later. Have a great weekend!

No comments: